Creating a roster from scratch? Or want to create a new roster based on a previous roster? Here’s how.
This training video shows how to create new rosters from scratch and how to copy an existing roster.
To create a roster
- Navigate to Dashboard > Rostering > Rosters
- Click the ‘Create new’ button at the top of the page.
There are two main options for roster creation
- Create a blank roster from scratch, or
- Create based on previous, effectively rolling forwards all the shifts from a previous roster.
Important things to be aware of before you start creating rosters
- Ento will not allow you to create more than one roster that covers the same location and date. We recommend weekly or fortnightly rosters.
- If you are adding multiple locations to a single roster, remember that only Ento managers with permissions that allow them to access to ALL the locations on that roster will be able to view that roster.
Creating a roster from scratch
- Go to Rostering >Roster
- Click Create new
- Create from Scratch
- Enter in the name of your roster (roster names can be edited at any time)
- Select the start date and end date for the roster period (we recommend weekly or fortnightly rosters)
- Select the locations for your roster. You can create a separate roster for each location, or have a master roster covering multiple locations (be aware the more
- Enter a budget for your roster (optional)
- Click Save
You will be directed to the roster builder page which allows you to select your roster criteria. The roster builder page and how to add, edit and delete shifts will be covered in the following videos.
Creating a roster from previous
If your rosters don’t change a lot from one period to the next, this feature can save you a lot of time.
- Go to Rostering > Roster
- Click ‘Create new’
- Create ‘Based on a previous roster’, and a drop-down box will show all of the rosters that you have access to in your account.
Select the roster to copy and Ento will pre-fill:
- The name of the roster based on the name of the previous roster
- The new date range based on the length and end date of the copied roster
- The locations covered by the roster
Next enter a budget for your roster (optional), and click Save.
There you have it – the two different methods for creating a new roster.
Where to next?