Adding to your team or editing existing staff details
Core HR > People > Staff
Staff can be added or be edited in a number of ways; manually, by file upload or through an onboarding workflow.
Where to find and create staff
Landing on Core HR > People > Staff will show a list of all your active staff. Click on the Filter button at the top right of the screen to have the option to also include %employees with a Prestart or Deleted status, and other parameters if required, then click Filter.
Manually create and edit staff
To manually create a staff account manually go to Core HR > People > Staff and click Create new.
Start on the General details tab, and enter all available data. Staff ID will default to a sequential ID prefixed with ST, or you can enter a different one (eg. one generated by a payroll system).
If you enter an ID that has been used previously by a now deleted staff, you will be asked if you want to restore them. Click the X to restore, or enter a different Staff ID.
Commencement date should be the earliest date that the staff will need to to be rostered once they return. It won’t be possible to roster them prior to this date, or change that date easily once the staff is restored, so ensure you enter a commencement date that will allow for the earliest required shift.
If you do not enter a new commencement date, their original commencement date will be restored, and for more accurate record keeping, should be their new commencement date.
Required fields are indicated by an asterisk. Tabs with required fields missing data are indicated by red circles with an x in them. Only once all required fields are completed will you be able to click Save to reactivate the staff.
Bulk create or edit staff
To quickly create a number of staff accounts, you can upload a CSV of their details, Go to Core HR > Account data > File Upload.
Complete the template with all required (asterisked*) fields, any other data available, to quickly create, update or even delete staff in bulk.
Create staff with onboarding workflows
Staff can be created through a workflow, which allows for a more structured process that can involve multiple stages, managers, approvals, notifications, and allow information submitted by the staff themselves to be incorporated and automatically updated to their profile.
For more information on starting a new onboarding workflow, click here.
You can customise the data captured against staff by utilising Objects, created through Core HR > Account Data > Objects.
This allows you to ensure that all necessary data is captured for each staff, whether used by Ento or not, and with a tab added to the side of the staff screen for each Object Group that is created, you can sort and even restrict custom data visibility by manager profiles.
Deleting and restoring staff
What happens when I delete staff?
When you delete staff none of their previous shifts are removed. They will show on old rosters and within reporting, but all future shifts are unassigned from them, and future booked leave is removed and future unavailability cleared, so it’s recommended to leave them in Ento until their final pay cycle has been processed.
How can I un-delete or restore staff?
Go Core HR > People > Staff and use the filter to include Deleted staff (using their name or old Staff ID), find the record you want to restore, then click Edit/Reactivate.
Enter new commencement date
By default the record will default to using the staff's original commencement date. Before you click Reactivate and make the staff record Active, update the staff's commencement date to the earliest date they will be rostered for a shift, so they are added to any required pay cycles prior from new commencement date onwards, and can be rostered and paid.
- Even if a staff is inserted into previous pay cycles, if the pay cycle has been exported to a payroll system and marked as Processed, that data will not be sent to the payroll system.
- No leave accrual that could potentially have been be accrued in Ento will be added to the staff's leave balance, and both their Ento profile and the payroll system would need to be updated manually.
- If there are data fields that are now required that were not populated when thestaff was last active, you will see red circles with x in them on the tabs to the left of the screen. Click on each tab to see the required fields (indicated by an asterisk) and add data for those fields. Only once all required fields are completed will you be able to save or reactivate the staff.
- Remember to check fields that affect payroll like Base Rate, Award Pay Schedule, Weekly ordinary hours and Work schedule. If you change any of these, make sure they are effected for the current pay cycle forwards.
- Once the staff account is restored, any shifts that were unassigned will remain unassigned.
- If you do not enter a new commencement date, the original commencement date will apply.
Where to next?