Welcome to Ento’s sixth issue of ‘Happy Workplace Weekly’, where we provide news and advice for forward thinking managers. As a way to help our fellow entrepreneurs this week, we’ve focussed on growth:
- In a competitive environment, it’s vital to not only attract, but also retain customers. Here’s: 15 tips to growing your business through repeat sales.
- Every business experiences challenges. A lot of the time, they’re at a given stage in the business’s lifecycle. Here’s the five stages of small business growth.
- Not every marketer is tech junkie. But that doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from the range of growth hacking tools. Kissmetrics put together a guide with: 35 growth hacking tools for marketers who don’t code.
- How people interact in your company has a measurable difference. Adam grant from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School shares his research: In the company of givers and takers
Sometimes growth doesn’t come from our business, but ourselves. Here’s our top picks for personal growth this week:
- Signs that you lack emotional intelligence
- The hard data on being a nice boss
- A better way to approach problems: Emotional Agility.
- How the worst moments in our lives make us who we are
- Keep your goals to yourself
- In search of the man who broke my neck
- The bridge between suicide and life
- There’s a lot of hype around eCommerce affecting retail. The reality is: eCommerce is not eating retail
- How far should you go to localise your offerings? KFC’s radical approach to China.
Quote of the week:
“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power” – Lau Tzu