Since this is our first ‘Happy Workplace Weekly’ issue, we should probably set the tone for future issues. When we first brainstormed ideas for ‘Happy Workplace Weekly’, we came across a problem: our customers are spread across a wide range of industries, from retail, hospitality, security and community, to services, events and healthcare. A question arose:
How do we tackle the wide range of challenges that our clients face, but still be relevant enough to make our updates meaningful?
What we came up with, was workplace happiness. Workplace happiness in our eyes covers a range of topics important to every business, regardless of what industry they’re in. It’s something that affects both managers (or owners) and employees. More specifically, it covers:
- Time management
- Hiring and maintaining quality employees
- Improving workplace culture
- Reducing employee costs and overheads
- Industry insights, and
- Case studies of those doing interesting, clever and successful things.
We plan to bring this to you in a variety of forms, through blog posts, interviews, guides and reviews. We’ve already started to do this with:
- Stopping work from taking over your life
- Are happy employees productive employees
- The psychology of communication: how to better communicate with your employees, and
- Want happier, healthier, more productive employees? The answer could be more exercise
- How the weather affects employee productivity
- Keeping employees happy: what research says about job satisfaction
For us, it’s been an exciting week. We’ve launched our blog, put together a bunch of ideas on how we can help you (our reader), and connected with a whole lot of people on social media to spread the word about #workplacehappiness. While we’re a long way from achieving our goals, we’ll hope that this is the start of a journey to help create happier workplaces, giving managers and owners news and ideas to help grow their business. To watch it all unfold, subscribe to our newsletter and let us know what you think!