Send notifications to an email address for a location, when someone changes a published shift at that location
This feature allows you to:
- Enter an email address for a location/area
- Send automated email notifications when a published shift at the location/area is changed
Once turned-on, the email notification will send when a published shift at the location/area is:
- re-assigned to another employee
- made shorter or longer by changes to start time, end time or breaks or
- converted to leave via the timesheet.
The email notification will not send when:
- a new shift is added to a published roster
- a leave request is submitted
- an entire roster is deleted
- a shift is changed on a draft roster.
How to set it up
1. Enter an email address for a location/area
- Go to Core HR > Organisation Structure > Areas
- Enter the email address for that area eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Turn on shift change notifications in the relevant Employee Permissions groups
- Go to Settings > Employee Permissions > Edit, for the relevant group > Rostering
- Then toggle the ‘Notify area’ to On
- Click Save at the top right hand side of the page.
- Repeat the above steps for every relevant Employee Permission group.
I didn’t get a shift change email notification
- Make sure that the area where the shift was rostered and the area that has an email entered, are the same
- Check the email for the area has been entered correctly in Core HR > Organisation Structure > Areas > Edit > Email.
- Check that the employee who is impacted by the change to the published shift is in an Employee Permissions group where ‘Notify area’ is toggled to ‘On.’
- Make sure you are checking the inbox for the email address entered for the Area, and have checked spam/junk.
- Check whether Ento sent the notification in Core HR > Communications > Outgoing Messages
I changed a shift before I added the area email, and I want to resend the email notification
- Go to Core HR > Communications > Outgoing Messages. Find the relevant message and click Re-send. You can enter a new area email address here if you need to.
I received an error message on a roster saying “there is no email address for that area.”
- This occurs when Notify area is set to ‘On’ in Employee permissions, but areas do not have email addresses entered. Enter emails for all areas via Core HR > Organisation Structure > Areas.