The fill-in finder is a great way to fill a shift at late notice, and can be used while working on any published roster
Ento’s fill-in finder will help you:
- Identify all suitable employees who are available for an unassigned shift
- Contact them to confirm their availability
- Receive their response
- Allocate them to the shift
To start a new fill-in request:
- In Role view of a published roster create a new shift as normal, but under the employee drop down option, select ‘Offer employees to fill-in’
- Click ‘Save’, and the panel will slide across into the Fill-in Finder panel.
- Select all employees that you want to specifically offer the shift to, or tick the box next to ‘Available’ to include all available employees.
- If possible, you’ll be able to then choose to assign the shift directly or offer the fill-in.
- After clicking ‘Offer to fill in’, you’ll be asked to choose the ‘Fill mode’.
- Choose whether a manager should make the final selection once employees submit their availability, or if the shift can be assigned to the first employee to accept it
- Edit (or leave) the offer message that will be sent to the chosen employees.
- Finalise the fill-in by clicking ‘Offer’.
Note that the list of eligible staff will only include those who have been set up to work the role the shift is for, AND who are not already rostered on somewhere else at the time of the shift.
Each of the staff selected will be contacted, and you will be notified as they respond. Once a staff member has been assigned to the available shift, the system will advise anyone who enquired that the shift has been filled by someone else.
Choosing a fill-in
When a fill-in shift is marked as ‘Final selection by manager’ and you’re notified that a fill-in is available, return to the roster housing that shift.
- The shift in question will have originally looked like this:
- The line will then turn green if someone has replied that they can fill in:
- Double-click the shift to edit it. The notification card on the panel will advise how many people can fill-in and clicking ‘View’ will take you to the fill-in finder to confirm one.
- Once you view this list of employees, simply choose to assign one – the employees with a tick are the ones who have responded that they’re available.
Once someone has been assigned to the available shift, the system will advise anyone who enquired that the shift has been filled by someone else.
If you need to fill multiple shifts, read up here on Shift batches.