Want to learn about managing and retracting leave requests? Have regular days you aren’t available to work? Learn the how-to here!
Watch the training video below to see how to manage your leave and unavailability within the Ento staff area.
Note that this section will typically only be available to full time and part time staff.
To request leave, click on apply for leave
- select the leave type – this list will depend on which leave types your manager has provided for you.
- Then, enter in the start date, end date,
- Enter any notes such as additional information you’d like to communicate regarding this leave and click on apply.
- In most cases, your leave request will need to be approved by a manager before it’s finalised.
The filter section will list all pending and approved leave that falls on or after today’s date. If your circumstances change and you are no longer require your leave request, you can use the filter function to search for past and present unavailability/leave, and then retract it.
When searching for leave make sure you are entering in the “Affecting start” date to coincide with the first day in which your leave requests starts.
Once you have found your leave request, you can hover to the right of the shift, and click on retract. If the leave request has already been approved, you will need to Messages > Contact manager, and message them to ask them to retract the approved leave request.
The next section will move onto is unavailability.
The unavailability section will allow you to block out periods of time where you are not available for work. This is particularly useful for casual staff.
To enter in your unavailability, click on Apply. From here:
- the first option is to select whether your unavailability covers a part day, a full day or multiple days.
- the second option is to select the affected start date, or when this unavailability will begin.
- the third option is to select how often this unavailability will occur. To can choose whether this will be a once off or if it will repeat from week to week.
- for any options other than “once off”, you can either select an end date for your unavailability, or have it apply until “further notice”.
Once you’ve set up your unavailability, click on “apply”. Depending on how your employer has set up your account, it may require approval by your manager before it is accepted by the system.
The filter section will list all pending and approved unavailability that falls on or after today’s date. If your circumstances change and you are no longer unavailable, you can use the filter function to search for past and present unavailability/leave, and remove it by retracting it.
When searching for unavailability make sure you are entering in the “Affecting start” date to coincide with the first day in which your unavailability requests first starts.
Once you have found your unavailability request, you can hover to the right of the shift, and click on retract.
If you are now available for one of the days in a black of unavailability, you will need to retract the block, and enter the updated unavailability again.
Now read up on Communication and settings in the Ento staff area.