Whether for five or 500 employees, understanding and implementing good and communication processes will invariably make life easier. Make yourself a good strong coffee and take 15 minutes to read through this guide.
The guide is split into 3 sections:
- Getting the right policies and procedures in place – this only needs to be done once!
- Setting up – setting up and maintaining the information you need to use while .
- Schedule building – a section to remember as your build each schedule.
The advantages of a better schedule process include:
- Saving you time.
- Saving your employees time.
- Reducing the chance of miscommunication.
- Maximising flexibility while using the minimum amount of effort.
- A reduction in labour costs.
A note from the author: Aulay Macaulay – Ento Founder
Through my involvement with the development and support of Ento, I have seen many schedules (hundreds in fact). They have included all shapes, sizes, colors and layouts.
The only real consistency I have found has been the frustration felt by the managers who write the schedules. Through this guide I hope to show an easier, faster and more consistent way to schedule employee , tailored to the Australian hospitality industry. This will take away the dread, ‘when that time of the week’ comes around again.