Adding to your team or editing existing employee details
Core HR > People > employees
employees can be added or be edited in a number of ways; manually, by file upload or through an onboarding workflow.
Where to find and create employees
Landing on Core HR > People > employees will show a list of all your active employees. Click on the Filter button at the top right of the screen to have the option to also include employees with a Prestart or Deleted status, and other parameters if required, then click Filter.
Manually create and edit employees
To manually create an employee account go to Core HR > People > employees and click Create new.
Start on the General details tab, and enter all available data. employee ID will default to a sequential ID prefixed with ST, or you can enter a different one (eg. one generated by a payroll system).
If you enter an ID that has been used previously by a now deleted employee , you will be asked if you want to restore them. Click the X to restore, or enter a different employee ID.
Commencement date should be the earliest date that the employee will need to to be scheduled once they return. It won’t be possible to schedule them prior to this date, or change that date easily once the employee is restored, so ensure you enter a commencement date that will allow for the earliest required shift.
If you do not enter a new commencement date, their original commencement date will be restored, and for more accurate record keeping, should be their new commencement date.
Required fields are indicated by an asterisk. Tabs with required fields missing data are indicated by red circles with an x in them. Only once all required fields are completed will you be able to click Save to reactivate the employee .
Bulk create or edit employees
To quickly create a number of employee accounts, you can upload a CSV of their details, Go to Core HR > Account data > File Upload.
Complete the template with all required (asterisked*) fields, any other data available, to quickly create, update or even delete employees in bulk.
For more information on adding or editing employees in bulk, see the articles Importing employees and Bulk updating employee details.
Create employees with onboarding workflows
employees can be created through a workflow, which allows for a more structured process that can involve multiple stages, managers, approvals, notifications, and allow information submitted by the employee themselves to be incorporated and automatically updated to their profile.
For more information on starting a new onboarding workflow, click here.
You can customize the data captured against employees by utilising Objects, created through Core HR > Account Data > Objects.
This allows you to ensure that all necessary data is captured for each employee , whether used by Ento or not, and with a tab added to the side of the employee screen for each Object Group that is created, you can sort and even restrict custom data visibility by manager profiles.
Deleting and restoring employees
What happens when I delete employees?
When you delete employees none of their previous shifts are removed. They will show on old schedules and within reporting, but all future shifts are unassigned from them, and future booked leave is removed and future unavailability cleared, so it’s recommended to leave them in Ento until their final pay cycle has been processed.
How can I un-delete or restore employees?
Go Core HR > People > employees and use the filter to include Deleted employees (using their name or old employee ID), find the record you want to restore, then click Edit/Reactivate.
Enter new commencement date
By default the record will default to using the original commencement date. Before you click Reactivate and make the employee record Active, update the commencement date to the earliest date they will be scheduled for a shift, so they are added to any required pay cycles prior from new commencement date onwards, and can be scheduled and paid.
- Even if an employee is inserted into previous pay cycles, if the pay cycle has been exported to a payroll system and marked as Processed, that data will not be sent to the payroll system.
- No leave accrual that could potentially have been be accrued in Ento will be added to the leave balance, and both their Ento profile and the payroll system would need to be updated manually.
- If there are data fields that are now required that were not populated when theemployee was last active, you will see red circles with x in them on the tabs to the left of the screen. Click on each tab to see the required fields (indicated by an asterisk) and add data for those fields. Only once all required fields are completed will you be able to save or reactivate the employee .
- Remember to check fields that affect payroll like Base Rate, Award Pay Schedule, Weekly ordinary hours and Work schedule. If you change any of these, make sure they are effected for the current pay cycle forwards.
- Once the employee account is restored, any shifts that were unassigned will remain unassigned.
- If you do not enter a new commencement date, the original commencement date will apply.
- If you Reactivate an employee that was deleted while a New Hire (e.g. they had not reached the ‘Create employee record’ stage of their Onboarding workflow), they will be Active from the listed Commencement date.
Where to next?