Export your shift, cost and employee data when you want it, how you want it
Settings > Export Templates
Custom export templates
When you click ‘Export’ on many pages like Review Timesheets or Shift History, you’re presented with a list of export template options. We’ll load many into the system for you, but if you want to create your own, look no further than Settings > Export Templates.
To get started, click ‘Create new’ (or edit an existing one), give the template a name and choose the template type.
Loadings – Allows export of earning rate types and costs for payroll queries.
Shifts – Provides a breakdown of various versions of shifts, whether as scheduled, authorised or a comparison of different versions.
Employee – Exports a list of all active employees in your account and any of the details saved against them.
Once you’ve selected the type, hit ‘Save’ and you’ll be taken to the field screen, which will offer you different details that can be included on the report depending on the type you selected.
Custom loadings export
You’ll now need to select exactly what information you would like included when you use this template to export payroll. To start with select ‘One row per combination of’, for functionality to allow you to flatten the data into fewer rows, or more relevant data with various variables.
You can select ‘do not flatten’, which will present the data in the earning rate breakdowns per timesheet, often seen by the system. Otherwise, you can combine all data for each employee to a single line, or combine all data for each employee and location, meaning each employee will have a separate line for each location they worked etc. You can use this to flatten data by date, roles, or any of the other options available. After that choice, simply continue adding other fields to the report that you would like to export.
Before saving, click ‘Generate a Preview’ so you can see an example of the data you’ve chosen. If you wish to update the column order, drag them around within the preview before finally clicking the ‘Save’ button to preserve all of the above. You can export using loadings templates from Payroll & Leave > Pay cycles.
Custom shift export
Shift exports allow you to export various versions of the shift data for comparison purposes. Each version of a field that you’re offered is from a different state of the shift’s lifecycle.
- Latest State – The current shift state
- Latest Published – The latest published state of the shift (will ignore deleted and rostered states)
- Unrounded (Raw) clock in or out – The exact times the shift was recorded as having clocked in and out, without any rounding settings or fixed authorised times from a manager
- Rounded Clock In or Out – The rounded times the shift was clocked in or out, not taking any manager changes into consideration
- Latest Preauthorised – If you use pre-authorisation from certain managers in your account, this will be the latest version that was pre-authorised
- Latest authorised – The latest version of a shift that has been authorised by a manager
- Other – Fields that aren’t related to the state, but are the current assigned data, such as ‘Employee’ or ‘shift ID’
- Custom Data Fields – Your account’s custom fields for the associated Employee, Location or Shift
Add any combination of fields to the report that you would like exported. Before saving, click ‘Generate a Preview’ and you can see an example of the data you’ve chosen. If you wish to update the column order, drag them around within the preview before finally clicking the ‘Save’ button to preserve all of the above. You can export using shift templates from Schedules, Scheduling > Shift History and Time & Attendance > Review Timesheets.
Custom employee export
The employee export allows you to select any combination of employee details in your account, both default and custom object data. Add any combination of fields to the report you would like exported, and use these exports to record information before updating. This will give you a backup when changing payroll configuration, or a record of what employee details were at a fixed point in time. A useful example would be exporting current payroll data before making any updates to employee base rates, award configuration, pay schedule, ordinary hours or work schedules.
Before saving, click ‘Generate a Preview’ and you can see an example of the data you’ve chosen. If you wish to update the column order, drag them around within the preview before finally clicking the ‘Save’ button to preserve all of the above. The example below is ordered similarly to the format used in the Employee.csv import template, Bulk updating employee details make it easier to review, and then update via import.
Payroll data labels on the employee.csv import template and the custom export template field selection pages may differ slightly. This should help you identify the fields to include:
- Base rate – Staff base rate
- Award – Award ID
- Pay schedule – Staff Paycycle ID
- Weekly ordinary hours – Staff weekly ordinary hours
- Work schedule – Staff work schedule ID
You can extract data using any of the export employee templates from Core HR > People > Employees.