Learn how to use workflows to bring a new staff member on board
Onboarding & workflows > Workflows
- Navigate to Onboarding & workflows > Workflows > Create new
- Select one of the Onboarding workflow templates from the dropdown list
- Set the onboarding workflow due date, the primary area and role, the hiring manager and if it is mandatory for the candidate to complete the workflow.
- Click ‘Create’ and you will be taken straight to the new workflow, with the greyed out checkmark circle indicating the current stage.
The assigned workflow manager will be notified they have a workflow to complete, and the first stage is the candidate details. Until that stage has been completed the workflow will show on the Workflow tracker page as having No candidate yet.
- Click view workflow to assign a candidate to the workflow. Start entering details for a new candidate.
- If it is a returning or existing employee, click Existing employee instead and search for their name
- Enter and/or update details, then click Submit.
- The assigned hiring manager can then move on to the next stage of the workflow on the Company side, usually employment details and as internal milestones are met the workflow tracker page will be updated.
The candidate will be notified when there is a stage they need to action, whether it’s viewing a welcome showcase, completing a form or signing a contract. As they complete stages, they will see their progress in the staff area.
You and any other managers set to be notified will receive an email letting you know the new team member is now onboarded. Your new team member is notified when the last milestone is reached.