Fill your shifts with the perfect people
Building schedules is complex, takes time and can be error-prone. The ramifications of building a schedule incorrectly can be severe too, ranging from loss of revenue, poor customer service, compliance breaches to unhappy employees and over or inefficient expenditure.
With the click of a button, Ento’s schedule builder can save your managers time by assigning employees to shifts across the schedule taking into account availability, labour costs, proficiency, utilisation & common fatigue rules to schedule the best person for each shift.
Once activated, the autofill button will appear for all managers in the ‘action bar’ on the top right of the schedule.
Click to autofill unassigned shifts or optimise existing shifts within your schedule. When you have nothing selected, it will fill all unassigned shifts in the whole schedule. To do specific roles, days or cells firstly select the appropriate cell & then use autofill. Ento will then evaluate your schedule, shifts & employees to come to the ideal shift & employee matches.
Once Ento has assessed all possible combinations, you are able to see the confidence & impact of each suggested new assignment.
- Click ‘Apply’ to accept the suggestion
- Tick ‘Apply to remaining suggestions’ to accept all
Ento will display these suggestions in order from lowest confidence to highest. This is so you can manually apply or dismiss the lower confidence ones individually to the point where you’re happy to bulk ‘Apply to remaining changes’ for the rest. Only at this point will Ento assign those employees and notify them if requested earlier in the process.
How Ento chooses which employee to assign
Ento uses a complex algorithm to match your employees to shifts. This algorithm looks at your whole schedule to ensure you are getting the best outcome. When matching employees to shifts Ento will consider the following listed below:
- Availability (avoiding leave, unavailability and other shifts)
- Employee base rates
- Proficiency via star ratings
- Role compliance (employee has permission to work the role and has required qualifications)
- Over & under utilisation (how many hours is the employee scheduled to work this week)
- Break requirements
- Consecutive days worked
- Time between shifts
- Minimum shift lengths
There are a few things that autofill doesn’t consider. These are:
- Managers won’t receive a ‘warn and block’ popup, though these can be seen as alerts when stepping through suggestions
- Employees must be assigned & qualified for roles, this means role & location secondments aren’t considered
- Uses only indicative costs based on base rate and length of shifts, it will not do a full interpretation of afternoon/weekend/holiday penalties, etc…
- Doesn’t check for custom award warnings, only standard fatigue rules such as consecutive days, minimum shift lengths, etc…
If you’re interested in having autofill turned on for your account or you have any questions about how it works, please feel free to get in touch with Ento Support using the chat bubble on the bottom left of the page.