Welcome to the fourth issue of ‘Happy Workplace Weekly’, where we provide news and advice for forward thinking managers. As a part of #workplacehappiness theme, this week has been about growing your business without burnout. It’s something all of us face, whether you’re a CEO, manager or employee, but not something we all recognise straight away. Here are our favourite reads for sustainably growing your business and career:
- The way in which consumers are buying is changing and it’s vital to a business to stay relevant. If you don’t understand your customers, you’ll be left wondering why growth is harder than it should be. Here’s: How to get in front of your customers at the right time.
- Everyone wants to grow their business, but there’s a big difference in hoping and planning for your growth. Here’s: 10 ways to prepare your company for explosive growth.
- Whether you’re a startup or not, these 4 unbeatable growth hacking strategies for startups are a must.
- We’ve become obsessed with productivity and economic growth, but what is the most productive amount of working hours per week or day? Can working less make you more productive?
- On the back of working less to achieve more, Inc posted an interesting article about burnout, which explained that it’s not always about working too many hours: 10 signs you’re burning out – and what to do about it.
- Finally, great workplaces keep great people happy. How you treat your staff reflects strongly on your business growth. The CEO’s checklist to keeping employees happy and fulfilled.
Quote of the week:
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams